Tuesday 27 April 2010

Manji chan and breaking the golden rule

I broke the cardinal rule of illegal bike parking...
I got to the station as the train was pulling in ... 6 text books, 2 folders and student homework in my overweight bag... needing to do photocopies before class  I made a split second decision to park my
bike alone... by itself... not hidden in the safety of a cluster of illegal bicycles.  Photocopies had to be done....

And so when I returned at close to midnight after visiting a friend who has moved to the depths of Saitama,  I shouldn't have been suprised to see the bike had gone.

Usually the manji move it.  This time they stole it.

Grrr... 
Grrrr
and
Grrrrrrr

Lugging the books home, via the supermarket.... what a drag...

When I picked up my bike from the manji's confiscation area today, and paid a fine, I told them the girl who was dismembered in Hiroshima might be alive if she rode her bike home rather than walking...

They didn't care... I am sure they hear it all the time.

Next time..   golden rule for bike parking..... and perhaps it's metaphorical for Japan.

Safety in numbers !!!!!!!

grrrrrr

No comments: